Good eats are the focus of today's lifestyle blog. Long have we heard the adage of reaching a man's heart through his stomach. Come to find out, this 1960's era mantra applies to ladies and kids too! I wanted to jump start Valentines week with a wonderful Saturday brunch at home. Enter the "Quiche your heart out" recipe.
Total time: 45 minutes. Prep :15. Cook :30
- 2 deep dish frozen pie crusts
- Jimmy Dean Ground Sausage (maple, sage, or mild are best)
- 2TBL olive oil
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 2 drops Young Living Lemon Vitality Essential Oil (optional)
- 8 oz pack of shredded cheese (I use Kraft mild cheddar)
- 1 small yellow onion, sliced and chopped
- 1 cup spinach or arugula
- 1 teaspoon parsley (dried or fresh)
- 1 teaspoon oregano (dried or fresh)
- 1/4th teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- *Optional add-ins: dried pepper flakes, sliced mushrooms, or green pepper
Preheat oven to 400º. Place two pie shells on baking sheet. Press fork into crust to ventilate. Pre-cook shells for 5 minutes.
Add 1TBL olive oil and sausage to large skillet. Cook thoroughly until browned, while crumbling with a fork. Set aside in small bowl. Add onion to same pan with 1TBL olive oil. Season with salt/pepper. Cook 6 minutes until onions are are soft and browned. Toss in spinach or arugula until wilted. Add 1 drop YL Lemon Vitality oil to brighten flavor
While onions cook, in medium mixing bowl, crack eggs and whisk. Add milk, 1 drop YL Lemon Vitality oil, parsley, oregano, garlic powder, salt, pepper. Mix well adding air with whisk for fluffy eggs.
Remove pie crusts from oven. Spoon sausage, onion, greens into pie crusts, distributing evenly on bottom. Pour 1/2 egg mixture over sausage mix in each pie crust. Finally, sprinkle 1/2 bag of shredded cheese over each pie crust.
Bake for 30 minutes. Slice and show your Valentines some love.
Wellness Posted on 16 Jan 14:31 , 0 comments
This time of year, we tend to become more introspective, focusing our attention on health and wellness. The new year brings hope and anticipation of a fresh start. Most of us write our goals and place them in a prominent place to remind us of the commitment we made to ourselves to eat clean, exercise more, enjoy nature, play more, etc.
Part of my wellness routine is to engage all the senses regularly. I began the day by engaging scent, sight, sound, and taste.
With Pandora Zen Radio playing softly, I powered on this beautiful Scentsy warmer with LED changing lights. It heated Cozy Chai wax and the aroma filled our living space. To activate sweet and savory taste buds, I made crepes with the following simple recipes.
Lyric is warming Cozy Chai wax that has notes of warm, spicy cinnamon, vanilla bean and caramel. Lyric resembles a beautiful garden, where watercolor petals and branches come to life in a graceful, luminous display with a color-changing LED subtle changing light.
Chocolate and Banana Crepes
I saved time with the pre-packaged crepes, though they are simple to make. The kids enjoy this treat too. For extra melted goodness, heat the crepe for 12 seconds in the microwave with a moist paper towel (to prevent from over drying). Then spread Nutella to the center with sliced bananas. Fold in half, then roll closed. Sprinkle powdered sugar over a dollop of chocolate.
Saute' one small onion in extra virgin olive oil. Add a dash of dried oregano, salt, pepper. Spoon the mixture onto the center line of the crepe. Top with shredded deli turkey, baby spinach, cheddar and provolone cheese. Roll and fold as listed above. Top off with more shredded cheese.
Pour another cup of coffee and enjoy your senses. What does wellness mean to you?
What's better than a five minute lunch prep? Knowing that the lunch is nutrient packed, bound to boost your energy and helps to keep your cholesterol, inflammation, and cardiovascular health in check. Intrigued yet? You'll want to add a few stylish Ethos design elements to your lunch ware. This is recommended but not required!
1. Hydrate with sliced cucumber and limes with lemon oil
infused water. I represent YL oils and use lemon oil daily. You know that spaghetti sauce jar you're about to toss? Re-purpose it by soaking off the label. Add your favorite inspirational quote, monogram, or picture using uppercase living.
I had a few sample words remaining from a demo class and chose "Love" as a reminder to make healthy choices for my body. Which word would you choose?
2. Hummus is my go-to snack and anytime meal. It pairs well with salads, pretzels, and carrots. The benefits of eating humus include a healthy digestive tract, omega 3 fatty acids, reduced inflammation, healthy levels of cholesterol, cardiovascular health, mood booster, glistening skin and hair. (OKAY the last two are my beliefs).
3. Sliced strawberries, cucumber, and blueberries rest on a bed of arugula and spinach salad drizzled with olive oil, red wine vinegar, and honey. Moroccan themed melamine plates from Ethos Boutique add a festive touch. Doodles the dachshund gave his confirmation glare for this lunch.
This summer, make 5 minute lunches your grab and go option for eating your way to a clean body and mind.
It is Memorial Day weekend and that translates to travel, hosting parties, and fun. We curated a few #goingplaces goodies that will perk up the required family fun BBQ and stay in good graces with the hostess.
Going Places Bicycle Wall Hook $27.50
2. Going Places Ceramic Tray $15.00
3. #Goingplaces Together Bike Pouch $13.75
4. NC stemless wine glass $25.00
5. Bicycle Pouch $18.99
6. Home is where the heart is towel $12.50
7. Not that far towel $12.50
Next weekend is Valentines. Pair any of these sweet and sassy gifts for your love.
Ceramic Tile Heart and Soul Love Last necklace
Heart Filagree Earrings
Love Script bracelet with Jade color beads
Tea Forte Chocolate Small Heart and KATI cup diffuser
Lyricology How Sweet It is to be Loved by You Wall Art
Glowology Body Butter, lotion, shower gel, and hand lotion set
You will love the curated site for clothing, jewelry, gifts and decor. We offer personalization on nearly all our gifts and apparel. See something you like but want more details? Send a quick note and receive a reply ASAP. Remember, we're social and love seeing your photos. Tag us in your photos #ecgbstyle and #InspiredEthos and you may win a $20 gift card to ECGB.